Coaching Record Leaderboard -Vital statistics

Jacko1971

Administrator
Regular Season Leaderboard
54.0% Craig Jackson 39-33-3

Not sure if this is the right forum for this thread, but nevertheless...

Triggered by Goz's (hope it's OK to call you Goz, mate, as I still classify myself as a bit of newbie!) recently updated Avatar W/L record, I wonder whether we all keep these stats? If so, it would be good - as a relatively new coach - to know what my fellow coaches records are, so if you know the numbers, I for one would appreciate seeing them here.

To get the ball rolling my coaching record is:

Regular season: 39-33-3 (.540)
Post season: 1-3 (.250)
Overall: 40-36-3 (.525)

I get the feeling I've got some catching up to do!

Re: Vital statistics

Well for what it's worth my record across the five leagues I've been in (AR, BZ, BX, BS and N) is:
Regular Season 683-212-6 (76.1%)
Post Season 89-37 (70.6%)
Overall 772-249-6 (75.5%)

Suprisingly the league I have played most games in is still BZ (406) with AR second (399). BZ was an advanced league that was run weekly in the postal era and I don't think there were many real players in it so my overall performance is flattered by that.

Alan Baylis said:
Suprisingly the league I have played most games in is still BZ

BZ was an advanced league that was run weekly in the postal era and I don't think there were many real players in it
There certainly were at the start, it was the "hot ticket" at the time. I never really got my head around the idea of playing a blitz league by snail mail, but it obviously worked for those that did.

Mike George said:
There certainly were at the start, it was the "hot ticket" at the time. I never really got my head around the idea of playing a blitz league by snail mail, but it obviously worked for those that did.
For me I think it was the idea of playing Advanced rather than Basic (which I was not involved with) on a weekly basis. At that time, I'm NOT going to look at how many years ago it was, I used BZ to try out ideas I would subsequently put in AR. Sometimes (err, mostly all the time nowadays) I wish I was still active in BZ given my 0-5-1 start in AR this season :( but then that's a discussion topic more appropriate for another thread!

Nice idea Craig,
stickying this thread.

myself regular season in AY 67-28-1 = 64.3%
would have to go check my postseason, but its nothing to be proud of.
:(

I don't keep records, but I'd imagine mine must be around .800/ .900 ;D :lol:

Seriously though, it's been quite some while since I last had a losing season and I play in 4 leagues, so my record must be pretty good ... just not "Goz Good"!

Alan Milnes

Commisioner
Staff member

Alan Baylis said:
Suprisingly the league I have played most games in is still BZ (406) with AR second (399). BZ was an advanced league that was run weekly in the postal era and I don't think there were many real players in it so my overall performance is flattered by that.
I was in that for a while as well! Don't have detailed stats but my overall record is probably about 70% over all Leagues

In my early years of the 80s my record wasn't really that good. I think I had about a 50% winning record, but since then I'm about on 90% with an overall 72% which isn't bad considering all the top class coaches out there.

My up-to-date record is Won 811, Lost 316, 72% and 13 Superbowls. My record includes both regular and playoff wins and both basic and advanced.

Interesting that Goz - do you remember a defining moment where that changed?

In the late 80's I too was a 8-8 9-7 kinda guy - then I met up with other Gameplan coaches at a World Bowl - picked up loads of tips - and became a 12-4 13-3 man.

I'm back to 10-6 these days lol - pub meet anyone?

As for my record - around 60% I reckon - I'll start digging out my old stuff.

Andy

My records are as follows,though i don't have any records for any other leagues which i briefly coached in.

Basic

NFLBS(PAST)
65-29-2 Regular season
5-5 Post season

NFLBS(PRESENT)
9-10

Advanced

NFLC 0-11
NFLAY 3-13

TOTAL

Advanced 3-24
Basic 79-44-2
Total 82-68-2

FWIW here is my dwindling career stats for regular and proper post seaosn games only:

Advanced: Pld 1140, Won 912, Lost 223, Tied 5, 80.2%, 16 SB wins
Basic: Pld 253, Won 183, Lost 69, Tied 1, 72.5%, 2 SB wins
Combined: Pld 1393, Won 1095, Lost 292, Tied 6, 78.8%, 18 SB Wins

Accrued since 1988 over 11 different leagues. Most in AR 448, BK 330, BR 182 then BS 125.

I played in BZ blitz league for 3 seasons with Alan and won the SB twice and lost the third. I enjoyed the weekly play, but it was expensive and I dropped it in my final year at Uni to concentrate on doing some study.

I have now cut right back to one league BS.

Chris H
BS Texans