1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Raiders coach checking in!

Discussion in 'NFLCB' started by Raider Marcus, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Raider Marcus

Raider Marcus Bench Warmer

Joining my first NuGameplan league.
    Played Gameplan back in the day and then joined up again last year after a lifetime away ...

The new rules look exciting. going into the draft with no idea what to do. Its the Al Davis way!

2. Raider Marcus

Anyone out there?

Im enjoying the new game, even though I'm struggling with some of the new rules!

3. MikeGeorge

MikeGeorge Star Player

Marcus

Why step down to Basic ?

4. Raider Marcus

I wanted to try NuG and I was running 2 teams in OldG: One Basic and one Advanced. The Basic one had a better roster so I kept that one. Running 3 too much!

Also I figured it might be a steeper learning curve in NuG Advanced. Eventually Id like to end up playing only in NuG. One Basic and one advanced.
    Has to be Raiders though. Obviously. ;)

5. MikeGeorge

MikeGeorge Star Player

But its Basic, there's nothing there, no strategy, nothing to hold the interest, Advanced is the proper game.

In hindsight, Pete and the GMs over the years should have used Basic as the stepping stone into the Advanced - new players learn the game in one season (only) of Basic, before moving up to Advanced.

Thats the problem with you Raider fans !!

6. Raider Marcus

yeah - I know what you mean. It is a bit basic!
    The strategy is a bit more like guesswork on defence for sure.

Could easily have the Advanced be the entry level game by supplying new players with the Basic gameplan parameters pre-installed in an Advanced gameplan.
    Then have NuG be the "step up" game for those who want something more challenging after that.