Sample Gameplan Structures Available for New Coaches to Use

Spoke to Dave, about this to help new players get a better start at the advanced game. We could give them a sample structure or shell to use with play calls to get them started.

Any thoughts?

Absolutely, definately happy to help. As Norm and i discussed, it must be a huge challenge to get dropped into one of the big leagues and have to challenge some of the great coaches in there. I think Norm is onto a huge winner here, if we can provide a few sample GP structures for rookies it will certainly encourage people to hang in and enjoy the game. Give them the shell and they can colour it as they want to. I think it may also have benefit for some that have been around a while but have found the going tough.

At the end of the day, the stronger the coaching pool the better the competition and numbers. Their is a huge reward for all of us in a healthy growing GP community.

I am happy to do a version of a run style offence. Will put one up next week. I don't mind if there is more than one gameplan shell for a particular style of game. For instance Norm and i will probably do a gameplan shell version of a run style offence. People can take what they want out of it, just gives new coaches some choice or ability to mix and match styles to their taste.

I don't want to sound condescending or like i think my poo doesn't stink. :lol: There are a lot better coaches at the caper than me, but if anyone who is finding GP a struggle, i am happy to opt as a bit of a sounding board for any ideas or help in anyway etc. You can drop me a message on here on even better if you are on skype.

all the best,
Fles

BLITZING DEFENCE

no downs score yards to down yards to line time gone formation playa playb playc playd reaction
17 12 1-10 1-fg 0-75 cdhsz fs rd es bz a
18 12 1-10 1-fg gjw fs ld rd gl a
19 12 1-10 1-fg x fs gl rd zs a
20 12 1-10 fg-99 cdhsz fs rd zd bz a
21 12 1-10 fg-99 gjw rd md ld gl a
22 12 1-10 fg-99 x fs gl rd zs a
23 34 1-2 1-99 cdhsz fs rd es bz a
24 34 1-2 1-99 gjw fs rd gl ix a
25 34 1-2 1-99 x fs gl zs ix a
26 34 3-4 1-99 cdhsz fs rd es bz a
27 34 3-4 1-99 gjw fs rd gl zs a
28 34 3-4 1-99 x fs gl rd zs a
29 34 5-9 1-99 cdhsz fs rd es bz a
30 34 5-9 1-99 gjw fs ld rd zs a
31 34 5-9 1-99 x fs ld rd zs a
32 1234 10-99 1-99 x fs zd es bz a

You need a squad DBZ of at least 7 more even better but 7 should work league to league may vary.
This style of defence is ideal for the pass happy run and shoot team that comes out of D and S alot with DR DT EV as their running plays.
The "X" covers formations ABEIKLOTU and line 32 "X" covers ALL formations for long yardage.

Well I have to thank you both for this, as I must admit I am one of the prime strugglers. Norm's blitz defence sample instantly gives me more of an idea on how to construct a hopefully effective defense. Nice to see some of the top coaches help us bottom feeders :) . Once again, thanks to you both, a real help. I have been really struggling with how to construct a proper Advanced GP. I just couldn't visualise how to cover all situations, or even some of them! My own GPs have been very basic, and as a result pretty ineffective.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, especially over the next couple of weeks (my wife is due to give birth any day now :clap:), but in the coming weeks, hopefully I can put some of these shells to good use and construct a GP worthy of the league I'm in.

Great idea guys, and thanks from a beleagured coach in Minnesota!

Cheers

Alasdair

:thanks:

Once again Norm and Dave, :clap:

will really help the replanning of my defence in the AY with a thread like this.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :) :) :) :)

Happy to help my door is always open :hello:

With the BLITZING DEFENCE you will notice l don't BZ the strong two back+ running formations like I A K G J why ? Good offence coaches will have RN LT RW waiting for you so as a general rule it's not a great idea to BZ those formation you will give up big gains.

My sponge defence is next the one my Colts won the superbowl with :yap:

Alasdair, all the best with the family exciting times :clap:

Great idea guys, that will really help the neebies to get into the game quickly before they lose heart.

All we need now is some new blood, only 74 on the forum after all this time is disappointing.

Sam, forgot to say no worries again glad it helps :hello:

Mike G, totally agree Dave and l had the same talk on skype which got this idea up and running :hello:

BLITZING DEFENCE l forgot to mention PLAY HARD ! :DOH:

Nice one guys,
IIRC I contacted peter about putting together an example bridging gameplan that basic players would understand, but would show them the potential advanced has to diversify as he talked about somewhere on sidetracks.co.uk, but never happened.

I love advanced and can't see why anyone would be satisfied with basic after sam pling the magic of advanced.
:p

I would be happy to post up a spare gameplan or two from here or there, a defunct one that is no longer used like those I used in A,
in C I tend to draw up a new offensive gameplan every season at the absolute minimum, so I have lots of them lying around somewhere.
Of course to see it in action every week all you have to do is join the CBC subsection :)

my apologies in not getting a gameplan up in the past week. Had my phone lines down for 4 days, thus internet probs unfortunately. Will endevour to have one up by monday.

Alasdair Campbell said:
Well I have to thank you both for this, as I must admit I am one of the prime strugglers. Norm's blitz defence sample instantly gives me more of an idea on how to construct a hopefully effective defense. Nice to see some of the top coaches help us bottom feeders :) . Once again, thanks to you both, a real help. I have been really struggling with how to construct a proper Advanced GP. I just couldn't visualise how to cover all situations, or even some of them! My own GPs have been very basic, and as a result pretty ineffective.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, especially over the next couple of weeks (my wife is due to give birth any day now :clap:), but in the coming weeks, hopefully I can put some of these shells to good use and construct a GP worthy of the league I'm in.

Great idea guys, and thanks from a beleagured coach in Minnesota!

Cheers

Alasdair
hopefully these sample GP's will help and sprout some ideas for people or else make people wonder how the heck we ever won a game. :lol:

Best of luck to both you and your wife on the impending birth of your baby. :clap: Is it your first child? Awesome experience full stop, but i could give the sleepless nights a miss. ;D All the best mate.

Thanks Dave, baby Padraig arrived on Friday night and he and mum are doing well. And his big sister Eubha (not quite 2) is thrilled.

And so far he is sleeping pretty well, but as we all know, every day (and night) is a new one!

Hopefully get some time this weekend to put a defensive GP together and see what happens. I can't get any more blown out in any case, which is a bonus :) .

D E F E N C E yards yards time
no name downs score to down to line gone fmtn plays and weights react
17 GROUP 1234 -20 to 20 1 to 10 1 to 6 0 to 75 X OX IX A
18 RUN 1 -20 to 20 7 to 11 1 to 99 0 to 75 AKIOT PD -7 RD -3 H
19 RUN 2 -20 to 20 7 to 11 1 to 99 0 to 75 AKIOT PD RD H
20 POWER 1 -20 to 20 7 to 11 1 to 99 0 to 75 GJWU PD RD H
21 POWER 2 -20 to 20 7 to 11 1 to 99 0 to 75 GJWU PD RD H
22 RUN 2 -20 to 20 5 to 6 1 to 99 0 to 75 AKITU PD RD H
23 POWER 2 -20 to 20 5 to 6 1 to 99 0 to 75 GJWO GL PD RD H
24 RUN 34 -20 to 20 5 to 6 1 to 99 0 to 75 AKITU PD RD H
25 POWER 34 -20 to 20 5 to 6 1 to 99 0 to 75 GJWO GL PD RD H
26 RUN 2 -20 to 20 3 to 4 1 to 99 0 to 75 AKITU PD RD H
27 POWER 2 -20 to 20 3 to 4 1 to 99 0 to 75 GJWO GL PD RD H
28 RUN 34 -20 to 20 3 to 4 1 to 99 0 to 75 AKITU PD RD H
29 GROUP 34 -20 to 20 3 to 4 1 to 99 0 to 75 GJWU GL RD PD H
30 GANG 34 -20 to 20 1 to 2 1 to 99 0 to 75 XSDCH OX IX A
31 JESSICA 1234 -20 to 20 11 to 99 1 to 99 0 to 75 X WC -4 PD +8 H
32 SALAD+R 1234 -20 to 20 1 to 99 1 to 99 0 to 75 X PD +1 4

OK as promised here is my SPONGE defence this is a copy and paste direct from the gameplan that won the superbowl.
Key to this defence is DRI, you need +1 relative as a minimum +2 is better the Colts had +2 that year. Why? You are asking PD to act like RD against the pass so you need DRI to help. l also used to double bonus my PD PD for every game. PD was getting called 50+ times a game so the double bonus really helped it perform.

Once again thanks Norm, I'm beginning to put your advice to use, although it'll take time before I find the right fit for my team I suspect. Great stuff though. I feel a bit like a sponge at the moment, but for different reasons. :)