Season 1 - Anyone?

Well, Arizona State are off to an unexpected Sun Devilish good start to the season!

What does everyone else think of the season so far?

Who is actively taking part even?

I know that my old adversary "The Fish" has been doing his thing, and it will be no surprise if his Texas Longhorns
give the Sun Devils their first taste of defeat next week!

Cheers

The Sun Devil (AKA The Cardinal)

:hello:

Alan Milnes

Commisioner
Staff member
Been an interesting journey so far as we see what works and what doesn't in NuCollege.

Pleased to have both co-ordinators 2*, will see if it makes a difference!!

Alan
NCLA-Tar Heels

Jacko1971

Administrator
So far I've been using NLCA to try out new play calls, my logic being that the college games tend to have exaggerated results compared to the pro game so it will be easier in college to see what the good match ups are on both sides of the ball. As such I'm not especially gearing my college GP to scupper my opponent, more to see what interesting rock/paper/scissors we can get. Of course this also gives me a first class excuse for having a losing record!

Thanks for your replies guys,

I had imagined that some experimentation was going on!

The co-ordinators are an interesting topic Alan, I am of the opinion that, with so few games in a regular season, there relevance
is diminished, and will be waiving mine from this week onwards, but it could easily be that having 2* coaches will have an impact,
will be something to watch out for that's for sure!

Alan Milnes

Commisioner
Staff member
Mike Thorp-Potter said:
The co-ordinators are an interesting topic Alan, I am of the opinion that, with so few games in a regular season, there relevance is diminished
I would have thought it would be the other way round - as the Season is so short a slight edge can be magnified enormously - i.e. each play in College is approximately 1/3rd more of the Season than one play in NFL.

Jacko1971

Administrator
Probably off-topic but as far as offensive co-ordinators are concerned I wonder just what a 2* will give over a 1* when the purpose of an off. co-ordinator is to allow you to run particular formations and alignments effectively (unlike def. co-ords that do increase strengths). Perhaps a 2* offensive guy increases strengths and enables use of relevant formations and alignments?